He/Him
May 1st
Dewford
Heterosexual
Cleaner
Civilian
6'3" height
6'3" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
15 posts
balor sen DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @balorsen
balor sen
Ice(break)-er
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2024 3:36:33 GMT
balor sen Avatar

It is cold today. The clouds overhead prevent the sun's rays to penetrate the earth's atmosphere and to grace us with its presence. And yet, work continues. With Regice's rampage through Dewford, Balor was lucky or perhaps unlucky to see that his establishment wasn't touched too badly. He had to pull all hands on deck as a sort of disaster relief team was formed through the employees who actually showed up to work today. Liber included, although he had already left to do... whatever, Balor wasn't listening.

His part was simple, de-ice whatever he could de-ice, pick up rubble to deliver to the nearest landfill, perhaps he could take a few bits and pieces here and there as long as it was considered trash. Any pokeballs left on through the disaster were to be acquired and returned to the nearest pokemon center, bodies were to be reported to the police et cetera. Balor thought at some point he would get a vacation, but someone has to do the work. His Tinkaton was at his side, breaking down rubble into tinier pieces while the Maushold sifts through rubble in order to listen for any cries for help or anything of that sort.

At some point, a whistle blew. "LUNCH TIME! Come get some stew to warm you up!" A person said, followed by the steps of people as well as a sigh of relief off of this back-breaking work. Balor kept working, as that's what he was getting paid for after all, and the mess keeps bothering him. That would be the case, had it not been for his fellow Pokemon to tug at his clothing and pointing to the crowd. Balor sighs. "Alright, alright. Let us rest for now."

He would get to the crowd, but found out that most of the stew that was offered was already taken by the others, and only two more bowls were available, alas, his hesitation to rest as foiled him once again. He had taken the two bowls and offered it to his Tinkaton and Maushold, who were happy to eat. He sighed, going back to his company truck and grabbing a bag full of honey bbq corn chips. Not healthy, but he had to eat something.

Crunch, crunch, crunch. The old(?) man would think about what area he needed to clean up next.
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
5,210 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Ice(break)-er
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2024 5:01:50 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[attr="class","eris101"]WHEN YOUR SKIES ARE GREY, AND YOUR WHOLE WORLD IS SHAKING
[break]
[attr="class","eris102"]TO THE MOON AND BACK, I'LL LOVE YOU MORE THAN THAT
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]In the wake of Regice, Dewford resembles a slice of Galar: Cold, sleepy. Perhaps, even a little blanketed in frost that just doesn't seem to melt.[break][break]

Amidst the rubble, shattered glass and icy bricks, there are those who attempt to shake the ice from their weary bones. Chipping away at what is broken, looking at what can be rebuilt. At some point, there's even warm stew that's handed out to everyone, of which she doesn't partake in even though she's been helping sort through the endless debris in her own way.[break][break]

Read: She's been attempting to lift pieces of rubble, failing to do so, looking to Reiner for help and getting him to help carry them instead.[break][break]

Ah, but as her eyes flick to last few bowls of stew being given out, she notices just how strange it is that he grabs two bowls... And then hands them off to his pokemon. Is there not enough? Oh, where is he going? Is he just not going to eat?[break][break]

Curiosity beckons her, a curious little critter that dares a little closer in his tracks. And she watches as he goes back to his truck and pulls out... a bag of chips? Is that honey bbq? What does that even taste like? Would Mesprit enjoy such a flavour -[break][break]

Blink. She can see a pixie hovering beside the old man. Blink. Said pixie is slowly reaching into that bag of chips.[break][break]

She has to approach. Rapidly. Before things get out of hand.[break][break]

"HEY! UH," Her voice is raised just that few octaves as she shoots Mesprit that warning side-eye, then looks back to the man. "H- hi! Mister!"[break][break]

They know very well of their agreement, not to be spotted by anyone. And yet the pixie smiles at her, one hand still stuck within that bag of chips. Oh Arceus, she has to stall for time.[break][break]

"Uhm- Nice weather we're having, huh??"
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]dewford
[attr="class","eris103"]
[attr="class","eris103"]MUSIC
[break]
NOTES

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.eris99]width:500px;height:250px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris100]width:500px;height:30px;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;line-height:30px!important;color:#f5f5f5;background-color:#333333;letter-spacing:2px;position:relative;z-index:1;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris101]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris102]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris98:hover .eris101]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris98:hover .eris102]opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris103]width:100%;padding:10px 0px;background-color:#a0bad6;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;letter-spacing:2px;color:#333333;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris103 a]color:#333333!important;font:8px Helvetica;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris109 b]font:bold 10px Helvetica;color:#a0bad6;[/newclass]
[googlefont=Montserrat:400,700]
close tab

played by

ChemSpark

He/Him
May 1st
Dewford
Heterosexual
Cleaner
Civilian
6'3" height
6'3" height
awards
15 posts
balor sen DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @balorsen
balor sen
Ice(break)-er
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2024 5:38:29 GMT
balor sen Avatar
As if broken out of a trance of putting food to his mouth and thinking about what he has to do next, a small... child appeared in front of him. Balor looks at her, seeing the dust on her hands and on her pokemon, it seems that she, like him, is trying to do her best in restoring the damage wrought by Regice.

How wonderful, a child is trying to help in her own way... is what a naive man would think. First of all, it looks like she isn't wearing any safety equipment to perform cleaning operations in the first place, no hard hat, no tools to help clean up the rubble or pick up any hazardous materials, just a pokemon and a dream. Which one is that one again...? A passing thought, as he blindly reached for his next chip only to realize that the bag is slightly emptier than usual. How... odd. But the matter still stands. Balor would take a look at the child.

"Aren't you a little too young with disaster cleanup? You shouldn't be here, child." Balor accidentally said in a gruff tone, masking his worry for the girl. He sighs, looking at the rubble.

"Hm. How did you even get here? Did some irresponsible parent decide to help the general public but forgot they would leave you alone?" Balor said in a more genuine tone, seemingly relating to this question.

The Maushold and Tinkaton were both slurping away at their stew, although one of the smaller maushold members keeps trying to steal a bit of meat from Tinkaton's bowl and the other trying to distract Tinkaton while she was eating.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,210 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Ice(break)-er
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2024 6:35:15 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[attr="class","eris101"]WHEN YOUR SKIES ARE GREY, AND YOUR WHOLE WORLD IS SHAKING
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]"I'm old enough to challenge the gym circuit!" How quick she is to put that point across, a frown tugging at the corners of her lips. "And Navy ain't irresponsible. He's just..."[break][break]

Still as a corpse. Being loaded into a helicopter -[break][break]

Her heart yearns to scream, but everything in her head seems dulled when she notices the way Mesprit's gaze settles upon her.[break][break]

"He got hurt protecting the town. So I gotta help clean up, until he gets well enough to come back and help."[break][break]

Blink. The pixie is missing before the old man can perceive their presence, a trail of honey bbq dust left in their wake. Reiner, on the other hand, seems very invested in the way that the Maushold are trying to rob a Tinkaton in broad daylight.[break][break]

"Besides, aren't you a little old for this job? What if your back starts hurting when you pick a piece of rock up?"[break][break]

Another blink whilst the man is still focused on her and Mesprit is back, reaching into the bag once more with those bbq-dusted hands.
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[break]
NOTES

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.eris100]width:500px;height:30px;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;line-height:30px!important;color:#f5f5f5;background-color:#333333;letter-spacing:2px;position:relative;z-index:1;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris101]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris102]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris98:hover .eris101]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris98:hover .eris102]opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris103]width:100%;padding:10px 0px;background-color:#a0bad6;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;letter-spacing:2px;color:#333333;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

ChemSpark

He/Him
May 1st
Dewford
Heterosexual
Cleaner
Civilian
6'3" height
6'3" height
awards
15 posts
balor sen DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @balorsen
balor sen
Ice(break)-er
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2024 16:36:54 GMT
balor sen Avatar
First, a look of concern would slowly take over his face. Balor would've said something like, "If you wanted to help, you could go through the more official lines of help at the very least, proper regulations and whatnot." But before he could open his mouth, he would hear the child say, ""Besides, aren't you a little old for this job? What if your back starts hurting when you pick a piece of rock up?"

And his visage would turn from a concerned look to more of a look of despair. He knew that at some point, he would have to face the facts, he... looked old. Years of overwork, hard labor and stress to keep his company afloat during these trying times (and arguing with his brother) would gray his hairs, wrinkle his face, etc. He frowned and tilted his head away from the child, saying in a more quiet and depressed tone, "I am still in my early forties..."

He would then look back at the child, in a much more dutiful voice. "But still, someone has to do the work. I've been doing stuff like this my entire life, I have the experience and most importantly..." He would grab the bag of tools at his side, pulling out a piece of paper. "I actually have a permit to be here, as well as the rest of my employees." He'd proudly display the work permit at the child, feeling some sort of accomplishment, before realizing he's just bragging to a child, disappointment in himself would wash over him.

"However, this Navy of yours would probably be proud to have a kid like you do such admirable work. Just do go through more official means next time, legal disputes are more costly than you think." Balor would advise, seemingly as if he had to experience multiple throughout his life.

The little members of the Maushold had almost gotten away with it, before the one holding the piece of meat looked up at the Luxray watching him, his mouth opened, letting out a terrific SHRIEK! before running back to its parents, in which they scolded the child for stealing the meat, and went over to the Tinkaton to offer it AND an apology.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,210 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Ice(break)-er
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2024 10:12:31 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]"Fourties?!" There is a child-like wonder to her voice as she echoes, her eyes gleaming as she stares at him. "You're like -" Her eye drops to her raised fingers for a second, numbers muttered under her breath. "3 times older than me??"[break][break]

He must be really committed to helping rebuild Hoenn again and again after all the shit it's been put through. And really strong if he's survived this region thus far.[break][break]

"But Navy's kinda like the official authority around here." Surely he wouldn't get mad at her for trying to help instead of chasing into Sootopolis and demanding answers. "You know? The sheriff? He's smart enough to know that if I get hurt, it's most likely because I did something stupid. So he wouldn't sue you or anything."[break][break]

As Mesprit gets away with yet another bold act of thievery, the Maushold children do not. And Reiner can't help but snort at just how things have turned out, allowing him to appreciate the Maushold parents with a newfound respect.
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[break]
NOTES

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region